Monday, August 23, 2010

Low Price Mothering Magazine's Having a Baby, Naturally: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth


Over All Rating Reviews :
I purchased this book from Amazon last November for the library of my local La Leche League group. I own a copy as well. (I also own Peggy O'Mara's other book: "Natural Family Living", which is wonderful.) In "Having a Baby, Naturally", Ms. O' Mara is very balanced and straightforward in her presentation of pregnancy and childbirth. I especially enjoyed the section explaining the types of tests women are presented with during early pregnancy. I have given this book to several expecting friends as a gift and plan to give it to my sister in the future. This book is included in La Leche League's recommended book list. I do own Ina May's book " Ina May's Guide to Natural Childbirth", which is also very good and highly recommended for someone planning a home birth. I am a longtime reader of Mothering Magazine. Fans of Mothering should be aware that "Having a Baby, Naturally" was written to appeal to a wide mainstream audience and not the relatively small segment of the population interested in alternative practices. I am the mother of twins born by C-section in 1997 and a child born naturally at home in late 2001. This book would have been extremely helpful to me in my first pregnancy and would have allowed me the information I needed to avoid an unnecessary C-section. The special situations section is extensive and the breastfeeding information is good. Overall, this is a great book.
Get more detail about Mothering Magazine's Having a Baby, Naturally: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth.


!: Top 10 Lg Chocolate !: Pool Cover Siphon Discount !: HDTV Deals







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。